Ores can be obtained from the Mine, and used in Smelting to turn them into ingots. There are 7 ores in total, one for each respective ingot, as well as stone and coal. Stone currently has no known use while Coal can be used as fuel for smelting. Carbon can be used for making Steel.
Vein & Ore Probabilities Edit
There are 8 different types of veins, one for each primary metal and Coal.
|Material||Vein Spawn Chance||Ore Harvesting Chance|
This is the current chance to obtain materials as of Alpha 0.0.9, some materials are currently unknown.
Copper's initial spawn chance is 1/3rd, but has a fallback chance in the event that none of the other veins are selected for a chance of 2/25ths.
- Alpha 0.0.82
- Added - Experience can be gained by mining and cutting trees and splitting logs
- Fixed - Ores/Coal and Stone won’t spawn in multiples of two on every save/load
- Fixed - Ore veins will reset after 24 hours
- Changed - Ore veins have had their drop chances adjusted and changed their rarity.
- Alpha 0.0.81
- Fixed - Ores should save and load along with everything else.
- Alpha 0.0.8
- Added - Cave 1.0
- Added - Mining and logging 1.0.
- Added - Coal
- Fixed - Smelter will properly queue each ore.
- Changed - Mining ore resets every 23 hours.
- Alpha 0.0.73
- Changed- Ores will no longer turn to ingots on the forge(Sandbox).
- Alpha 0.0.7:
- Added - First iteration of mining. Only accessible in the sandbox mode.